Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Small Beginnings



The shed in the photo stands in front of an old farm pond that was used for baptisms in 1930. A young girl came forward that day and committed her life to God. Her family faced hard times. The depression had taken just about everything they had. They picked cotton to buy a cow so they could have milk. She faced not just the depression but also World War II as she grew up and became an adult. That young girl was my mother. She passed away January 3, 2006. God didn’t take her out of all her trials but He was faithful in her trials. The Holy Spirit moved on my Mother’s heart and her commitment that day continues to bear fruit.

Psalm 119: 141-143 I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is truth. Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.

Our lives impact those around us and that impact carries farther than we imagine. I pray that each of us would spend our lives on things that have value and love lasting things lastingly and passing things passingly.

No comments: